A tour to New York and the Caribbean: the itinerary, practical info and useful tips to plan the journey at its best – and totally calmly – with an eye to the budget and at the same time to the quality of the services.
From the skyscrapers in Manhattan to the sunny strips of sand in Mexico, from the walks along the East River as far as the ones on the beach at sunset on the Caribbean Sea.
A tour to New York and the Caribbean. Have you ever thought about that?
An only journey involving at the same time the discovery of one of the most loved and visited cities in the world – New York – and immediately after the chance to relax on some of the most suggestive beaches in the Caribbean. Gving oneself a full immersion into the traditions, savors and colors of the Mexican people and the fascinating culture and architecture of the ancient Maya civilization.
An intense and exciting journey, ideal both for a romantic and unforgettable honeymoon and for an experience to share with friends or in couple. And above all affordable for everyone, both from an economic and planning point of view.
Find down here some cues, practical tips and useful info – always based on my personal experience – to find your way and plan your tour to New York and the Caribbean at its best
A tour to New York and the Caribbean: when to go
As regards New York, it is a journey you can have all over the year. The city gives its best in every season.
For what concerns the Caribbean coast of Mexico, it is a journey you can have for a good part of the year but the period with a high risk of hurricanes – more or less from mid-September until late October-early November.
From the second half of November it starts the so-called “high season” reaching its apex – with a sensitive increase of prices – during Christmas holidays.
Starting from the second week of January until late in Spring, you can enjoy a nice weather with poor rains and prices definitely more affordable. From May until August the weather becomes damper and the rainfall increase, alternating short and intense downpours with the sudden return of sun and clear sky.
A tour to New York and the Caribbean: itinerary
Such a tour – with an average of 10/12 days of journey in your hands – cannot disregard a stay in the city of at least 4 full days, in order to visit the most famous attractions and dedicate a bit of time to some more local and unusual locations and paths – above all for who visits New York for the first time.
A tour to New York and the Caribbean: New York
Find down here the itinerary divided into days:
- Day 1 – arrival in the city with an intercontinental flight early in the afternoon, cleared airport security, baggage claim and arrival at the hotel. At night sightseeing tour among some of the Manhattan icons: Time Square, Bryant Park, New York Public Library and Grand Central Terminal.
- Day 2 – exploration of Lower Manhattan and Brooklyn Heights. Tour of the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, then a visit to the Ground Zero Memorial with the possibility to enter the Museum and the Observatory of the new Freedom Tower. A passage by Wall Street and the South Street Seaport to reach and go along the Brooklyn Bridge towards Brooklyn Heights and Dumbo.
- Day 3 – in the morning tour to Central Park. In the afternoon a tour to a museum to choose among MET, MOMA and Guggenheim, a walk along 5th Ave and the chance to go up to the two most famous observatories in the city – The Empire State Building and the Top of the Rock ones.
- Day 4 – tour of the Hudson Yards and a loop on the High Line as far as reaching the Chelsea Market in the Meatpack District for lunch. In the afternoon keep going discovering the Village and SoHo.
- Day 5 – last day dedicated to the Upper East Side and a run by Tramway to reach Roosevelt Island. In the afternoon – up to you – South Harlem (if you happen there on Sunday or on Wednesday afternoon, you can reckon to watch a Gospel Service or the Choir rehearsals) and the Yankee Stadium, or a shopping session among the stores in 5th Ave, the Broadway and the Century 21 megastores.
A tour to New York and the Caribbean: Riviera Maya, Playa del Carmen
With a direct flight you can easily reach Cancun, in Mexico, in about 3 hours and stop at one among the wonderful buildings of the Riviera Maya, near the lively Playa del Carmen.
So alternate days of pure relax on the beach with snorkeling and diving, natural excursions like for example Isla Mujeres and Isla Cozumel, or a bath in one of the many Cenotes. And have tours in a day to visit the really beautiful Maya sites in Tulum and Chichen Itza.
A tour to New York and the Caribbean: tips
- Subscribe to the newsletter of the best airlines companies towards the USA – Lufthansa, American Airlines, Delta, et cetera… – to receive all the offers about flights in real time.
- Don’t forget to stipulate a good health insurance (you can also add the option cancellation/baggage) covering eventual assistance and recover expenses, with a ceiling overpassing at least 500.000 Euros.